Thursday 21 February 2013

What's The Worst That Could Happen?

Well we've had a busy half term week, and inbetween play dates, some shopping and lots of playing I had a day to myself yesterday. My two lovely children were having a great time at my Aunty's for the day (which my daughter was incredibly excited about, and from reports back, it lived up to expectations!). And I went on the road with my cards.

First stop, Dorchester. It is quite scary going into shops and asking if they would like to stock your products, but I thought, well they are already in some shops, so those people like them, and if they like them, surely some others will too! What's the worst that could happen? They say no, right? So I went for it with my little wicker box of cards. It was freezing, but I met some lovely shop owners, and got lots of good feedback, gave out lots of business cards, got some good interest and a really good order for 78 cards woohoo!

And for the ones who didn't order (yet!) at least they know I exist now. As the day went on I got less worried about approaching shop owners, as all of them were lovely, we are living under a 'sky full of kindness' after all. I got to see some beautiful little Dorset towns, Sherborne and Shaftesbury are definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, and I did well resisiting buying toys for my children from some amazing little toy shops (this was very hard!).

So all in all a good day. And I came out of it happy, braver and with a good order for my cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment