Wednesday 27 February 2013

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas and a Box of Stock

A while ago I hadn't really ever thought of designing cards. Yes, I always love to draw and paint, I would do a bit for fun, paintings for friends and family, but most evenings I would just relax, watch some tv, have a chat and so on.

Nowadays, it's a different story. I have started the cards, and seem to have opened the idea flood gates! Every day I have new ideas, what ever I'm doing I am constantly thinking of what design might work well on a card, what different people are into, what hobbies they do, what cards people find it hard to find, and how I could maybe think of some ideas to fill those gaps. Some times a random image just pops into my head, and I just have to get it down on paper. I really like it, it's fun.

And now I have a box of stock! All full of my cards, all that I designed! Very exciting, I have 29 designs, and lots more where they came from.


Inspired by 'Campfire' and a comment my sister in law made about the fox, rabbit and hedgehog needing a tv show, we (my husband and I) have set about writing a children's story featuring the characters on the card. Judging by my daughter's reaction of 'keeping going Daddy, what happened next?' as Pete made up the story as we drove to a friend's house the other day, it may be a goer, so watch this space!

It seems that one thing leads to another, and another and another, and so far, it's working out very nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment