Friday 7 November 2014

Noah's Ark Commission

I was recently asked to paint a picture for a little boy's bedroom based on Noah's ark. I sent over some preliminary sketches and the idea with all the animals making their way over to the ark to take shelter from the rain was the favourite.

I decided to add the words 'The adventure is about to begin' across the sky. Being a mummy of three, I know all too well what an adventure having children is and a truly magical one too.

I wanted the picture to tell a story at the same time as being interesting for him to look at , so lots of little details for him to find. I also wanted it to be able to last him a long time, so tried to make it bright and fun but not too 'babyish' so he can enjoy it for years to come.

Check out the pictures below to see how it turned out, I was really pleased with the final outcome, hope you like it too!





I'd love to hear what you think about the painting, just leave a comment below. If you would like to get in touch about a commission, I'd love to hear from you , just email me at sarah@sarahlovellart.co.uk , you can also see my commissions page here .

No comments:

Post a Comment